A little square of heaven, not a single one of these EVER goes to waste. This recipe is made from memory of a similar treat my friend’s mom used to make when I was in high school. I have no clue what her proportions were but recreating it was pretty simple, these are semi- homemade and SO delicious. I like to think they are a healthier version of cookies/ cakes/ brownies, especially after finding the Rice Crispies brand makes Whole Grain Brown Rice Cripies. They work perfectly all topped with frosting and a hint of peanut butter, mmmm I wish I made more.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
- 2/3 cup Peanut Butter
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Brown Rice Krispies® Gluten Free cereal
- 1 jar Chocolate Frosting
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Add in peanut butter to combine, then remove from heat.2. Add Rice Crispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered hands evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
4. Spread chocolate frosting on top
5. Cut into 2-inch squares ( or large 3″ squares!). Best if served the same day or cover well for up to 4 days