Let me preface this by saying- we do not generally love salmon. I want to love it because it is SO great for you, I want to teach Knox to love fish, and I want our family to eat fish more regularly. This recipe is just the ticket! The bold rosemary and garlic flavors are a perfect match for this fish, I enjoyed every single bite. It also helped we had left over cauliflower puree to eat with it… We used a one pound wild caught sockeye salmon filet, it was perfect for 3 servings. Nothing is quicker then cooking fish for dinner, so needless to say, this was fast and easy! I think we will add it in to a more regular rotation. Enjoy the simple goodness that is here:
Rosemary and Garlic Roasted Salmon
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5-6 fresh rosemary sprigs, about 3 tablespoons chopped
- 1 pound salmon, preferably a wild caught sockeye filet
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
* For this meal we served with Cauliflower Puree and Steamed Fresh Broccoli
- Preheat oven to 425°. Peel and chop garlic and rosemary and set aside.
- Place salmon on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper- then pat on the rosemary, and chopped garlic.
- Place in the oven and roast for 12 minutes or until the salmon is flaky.