Leftover recipes are the best. When the thought is already made for you and you can create 2 unique meals with one or more shared element, it makes for a great week! This noodle bowl was really good with our left over pork tenderloin and filling. Enjoy:
- 8 ounces Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 12 ounces fresh Chinese noodles or linguine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chile-garlic sauce
- Pinch of sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 pound leftover Asian-Brined Pork Loin or other roast pork, cut into thin strips
- Sliced fresh hot red chiles, for garnish
- In a saucepan of boiling water, cook the noodles until al dente, 3 minutes; drain and rinse the noodles. In a bowl, combine the broth, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, chile-garlic sauce and sugar.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the ginger and mushrooms and cook over high heat, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the noodles and scallions and stir-fry until lightly browned, 5 minutes. Add the pork and sauce and cook over moderate heat, tossing until the sauce is absorbed, 3 minutes. Transfer the noodles to a platter, garnish with scallions and chiles and serve.