Merry Christmas! We made some holiday favorites this weekend, Gingersnaps, Pecan Cups, and Double Chocolate Peppermint Bark- all taste tested and approved, so rest easy, if you make these cookies Santa will surely give you what you asked for this year!
Pecan Cup Cookies
1/2 C. chopped pecans
3/4 C. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 pinch salt
1/4 C. butter
1-3 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 C. flour
– Spray 24 count mini muffin pan with Pam or the like.
– Cream butter and cheese, add flour, and blend well.
– Divide into quarters. Then divide each half into quarters.
– Make a small ball and drop into pan, fit each ball to cup.
– Fill each cup w/ filling, do not overfill, you should see the crust
– Then bake at 350 F for 17 minutes. Then at 250 F for 10 minutes.
– Knock pan to loosen, do not cool in pan.
– Place on cooling rack and sprinkle with powdered sugar
yeild: 24 Cups
1 C. sugar
3/4 C. margarine, softened (you can use butter)
1/4 C. molasses
2 C. flour
2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. cloves
– Lightly grease cookie sheets
– Combine first 4 ingredients; blend well
– Stir in remaining ingredients
– Chill dough
– Heat oven to 375 F
– Shape dough into 1″ balls, roll in sugar
– Place 2″ apart on cookie sheet
– Bake 8-10 minutes; cool 1-2 minutes
Yeild: 6 dozen cookies
Double Chocolate Peppermint Bark
1 pound Dark Chocolate
1 pound White Chocolate
1 ½ teaspoons peppermint extract (divided)
6 Candy Canes, crushed
– Line a jelly roll pan ( or 12 1/2 x 17 1/2 x 1 edge) with parchment paper
– Place candy canes in a plastic bag, crush in to 1/4-inch chunks or smaller
– Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler, stir in ½ tsp. peppermint extract
– Pour mixture evenly onto prepared pan and place in the freezer to harden
– Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler, stir in 1 tsp. peppermint extract
– Pour mixture onto dark chocolate layer in cookie sheet, spread evenly quickly and top with candy canes
– Place in the refrigerator for 45 minutes or until firm
– Remove from cookie sheet and break into pieces (like peanut brittle)
Yeild: 2 pounds of candy